Another fundraising idea from Easy Fundraising Ideas

Friday, March 6, 2009

Well we met with Ari’s neurologist a couple of weeks ago to get the results of her MRI she had in November. It was worse than we were expecting it to be, she lost a lot of her white matter and a little of her gray matter. The white matter is the part of the brain that tells the gray matter what to do and then the gray matter sends the message to the part of the body that needs to actually do the job. While it was worse than we were hoping, it just confirms what our God is doing in her, because according to what the MRI shows she shouldn’t be able to do the things she is doing. We have also cut out a dose of her diazepam (used for her muscle tone) and her trileptol (for her seizures) she is now only getting them twice a day. So far we haven’t seen any bad side effects from losing those doses. She is more aware in the evenings now and we might be able to get rid of the diazepam completely when we go back in 6 months for her next appointment.

We also went to Georgia to Center IMT. They checked all the ingredients in her formula to make sure they were still working for her and also had me add a few other things to help get her gut healthy so she can gain some weight. She has been stuck at 31 lbs for a long time now. We also started her on what they call the brain protocol. It is 6 different homeopath medicines that I give her once a day by mouth. It is to rebalance and harmonize her body and promote her body to regenerate the brain. We are very excited about this and can’t wait to start seeing results. It is a challenge to get her to not spit it out she is so stubborn, but so am I. She only gets 3 drops of 5 of them and then one is a pill that I crush and put in the side of her mouth so it can dissolve.

Ari hasn’t had much therapy lately between our schedule and her therapist but she seems to be more relaxed without the everyday rush to OT, PT, and ST. We haven’t been able to go to ST and OT because of insurance issues. We have got that straightened out now but I think I am going to wait a month or two before I restart those. We are still seeing Lana for PT twice a week and I am going to keep doing that we are also still going to TKM(the ki method) once a week. I am going to put my focus on more of TKM (the ki method) and IMT. And just do my own OT and ST with her for now, I just need a break from driving all over the state for her to get therapy that at this stage in her recovery I can do myself at home. We might have a ST that will come to the house to do therapy she just moved to town and is starting her own office so if that goes thru then I will do that and just wait on OT.

I will try to get some new pictures I have been having trouble getting the pictures off of my camera.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi i feel very bad for arianna is there anything i can do?